Wednesday, December 17, 2014

March | Update From Madeline



"The spiritual life is not a life before, after, or beyond our everyday existence. No, the spiritual life can only be real when it is lived in the midst of the pains and joys of the here and now."
Henri Nouwen


It's been a while. The past couple of months have been pretty busy for both Abby and I, but we hope to be posting more often now. Last semester, Kiernan and I did a random shoot not far from campus. Here are some of the shots from that day!

Like I mentioned before, life has been really busy lately. Nonetheless, life has been very full lately. I've found myself in a very defining time- in my relationship with Jesus and in my growth as a person. My Heavenly Father has been pulling me to a place of trust and closeness that I haven't experienced before. And along with that, I have felt more at peace and confident in myself than I ever have. I don't think that the correlation between the two is just coincidence. 

In the fullness, though, I find myself running in circles at times. I feel like I do a lot of things but never actually get anywhere. With a busy schedule and a mind full of dreams that just wants to be "out there", I struggle with letting myself settle. I am so excited and HOPEFUL for what the future holds. Yet, I long for rest but don't always allow myself to sit in stillness and catch my breath for long enough to find it. Still, Jesus has been faithful to me even in my haste with gentle reminders of His love for me and for what He is doing in the everyday.


Just look around you, daughter.  


I'm trying to more intentionally stop and see all the bits + pieces of beauty in my everyday life (like pretty bridges and abandoned houses). I hope to be present in where I am right now and in the conversations with those around me. I want to stop and smell the flowers. So here's to the (hopefully) coming springtime and a new beginnings. Stay tuned! 

Love, 
Madeline


"We're conditioned to mourn our empty glass
Long before it ever poured out our past.
Though our patience is always in short supply
We'll leave our far-sighted worries behind.
Here in the meantime-
In the gospel of nearsight-
We'll learn to live a nourished life."

In the Meantime, Sleeping at Last


No comments:

Post a Comment